Friday, June 20, 2008

Back to square one? Maybe?!


Well I could possible be back at square one and a half...i'm not sure.  I had my interview with WFT yesterday and it went great!  I enjoyed talking to them a lot and I just stinkin love this theatre and what they stand for!  But I found out during the interview that the box office manager position is a part time $10 an hour no benefits kinda position.  I was bummed to say the least but then again he did describe this job as a stepping stone kind of job and that might be what I need to do if it comes down to it.  Obviously I would have to work another job but I already found  2 part time arts jobs to apply for so this could be positive or it could be back to square one.  It just depends on which way my brain decides to look at the situation.  I get an update on if I am still in the running for the job after the 4th so I'll keep you posted.  I've been putting off applying for more jobs this week because I was just so excited about this interview and hoping that this would be THE job...so its back to applying for jobs like crazy in hopes of finding a full time job in the theatre with a salary and benefits!  I already found 5 jobs in the arts (one of them in the theatre! yay!) to apply for this weekend.  The day I get a job will be one of the sweetest days ever after this job search process!

As I said before I really think I just need to be an actress.  I am just thinking that if I auditioned for as many jobs I have applied for I would have landed a gig by now.  There just has to be a better success rate for them.  If someone would have told me it was going to be this hard to break into the theatre business I think I would have just stuck to acting!  Ha!  The guy at wheelock did say that this is a position usually actors take...maybe i should take the job and then just act with my spare time.  

Stay tuned to see what happens in my  pre Boston adventures of: Do I Have What it Takes to get to Boston?

No comments: