Thursday, July 31, 2008

I officially have a job in BOSTON!

So I just thought I would make a quick post and say that I took the job at The New Repertory Theatre!  I am now officially the Marketing/Development Assistant!  I am absolutely beyond belief excited!  I sent my first e-mail to this theatre in February and started intensely pursuing them early April after I visited with them in Boston.  It has been a crazy journey with this theatre and I really can't believe I am actually going to be working at this theatre.  I feel very adult with my very own benefits and after reading my full very detailed job description I am just so excited!  YAY!  I am also very relieved that I won't be going to Boston without a job.  That could have gotten scary very fast.  

I feel like this summer I have fallen even more in love with the theatre and the arts.  I am so excited to be involved in putting a show on a stage.  I feel like I have a lot of dreams that revolve around the theatre.  Some are big others not so big.  I am realizing that it is ok to dream big and go for it.  There is nothing stopping me from making it happen.  If its in my heart there is a reason for it and I know I have the determination/motivation to see it happen.  So just in case your curious and you want to dream with me here is are a few big dreams:

1. Act on a broadway stage
2. Write and direct a play
3. Work for Disney Theatrical
4. Be involved in "that" play that "revolutionizes" Broadway and the theatre....if you know what I mean!

So as I begin to pursue one dream, starting at The New Rep in Boston, I also have a lot of big dreams ahead of me to conquer! 

1 comment:

Kat said...

Congrats Dez! I'm so excited for you!