Sunday, August 10, 2008

My 3 Minutes of Fame!

So I have been pretty obsessed with the Kid Kraddick in the Morning Show since I was a kid.   I think secretly deep down somewhere inside I want to be a radio personality.  I have a strange obsession with this show.  I think Al is the only one that truly "gets" my love for this show because she had to listen to me talk about the show for an entire summer.  I listen to this show on my way to work everyday (as I have done for the past 3 summers in Dallas).  Needless to say I have tried countless times to be a part of the show and call in.  So when I was driving to work on Thursday it did not take much for me to call when Kidd said if you saw Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 last night call us and tell us what you thought.  I sat with the number in my phone thinking things through for a brief moment.  I started thinking"Dez you really have a chance here.  What are the chances of that 15 year old who saw the movie last night to be up at 8 am on their way to work?  Are you ready for this?  What will you say? blah blah blah" And then I pressed talk.  The phone started ringing.  I am starting to get very nervous.  They answer the phone and here is what happens from there:

Lady: "Kid Kraddick in the Morning"

Me: Oh hi I was just calling to give a review of shottp2  I did not think anyone would answer!

Lady: What did you want to say?

Me: Well I thought the movie was fantastic but I did not cry as much as I did in the first one.  I cried buckets in the first one and I walked in with the expectation that this movie would tug at my heart in the same way.

Lady: Ok thats great when Kidd says your name say EXACTLY what you just said to me and get straight to the point.  Do not reveal your market or your age!  Turn your radio off and be ready to go in just a bit.

I can now hear the radio through the phone and I am freaking out!

British guy:  Hi Desiree.  I just wanted to tell you that when Kidd says your name really feel like you can say whatever you want about the movie.  Really feel like you can express yourself.

Me: Oh ok well the lady before you said to say exactly what I said to her.

British guy:  Oh yeah get to the point but say whatever you want

Kidd Kraddick: Hi Desiree so what did you think about the movie?

Me:  I repeat word for word what I said to the first lady! 

Kidd:  So thats how you judge a movie?  By how much you cry?

Me:  Well I just had the same expectation that I was going to have the same emotional connection to the characters that I did in the first one but I did not relate emotionally the same way I did in the first movie.  And I cried BUCKETS in the first one and I shed a tear in this one.

Kidd:  So who did you connect with the most?

Me: I connected with Carmen the most.  I connected with her the most in the first movie because of her parents divorce and in this one she is very close to her mom and she can't be there for her mom when she is pregnant and the twists and turns of that story line really got to me.

Kidd:  Oh thats America Fererra she is in Ugly Betty.

Me: Yes she is.  I don't watch that show but I really like her.

Kidd:  Well thank you for your review Desiree.

Click. 

I freak out and realize my dream to be on that show just came true!  WOW!

The End


1 comment:

Amy said...

celebrity! i am glad you finally made it on the radio!