Monday, July 28, 2008

Did that just happen?

Well after such intense demand by my lovely friend Celina I believe it is time for a blog update.  In this entry I will try to stick to the theme of my subject line and highlight the past couple of weeks of my life:

1. I saw Jeresey Boys on Thursday night in Pit Orchestra seats.  What does that mean?  Well, they added seats in the area where the orchestra sits because they are not needed for this show and I got the honor of sitting on the front row of those seats.  So the actors are seriously right in my face and they could see us!  At the beginning of the show the first guy that came out got on his knees looked directly at me and WINKED!  Oh my I was freaking out...it was a that just happen moment?!  I mean that has never happened to me in a national broadway tour!  Anyways, this musical is awesome and echo Amy by saying that our Frankie Valli also had the BEST voice I have ever heard in my life!  I did not want the night to end.  I loved our seats, making eye contact with most of the cast, and dancing in my seat!

2.  If you can recall me and the other intern at work tackled a HUGE project this summer- cleaning out Dallas Summer Musicals basement aka DUNGEON!  When I first entered the dungeon it was a wreck...boxes everywhere, playbill, b-roll, flyers, files scattered all over the place dating back to 1990!  Well I am happy to report that we are finished cleaning out the dungeon and even you can walk in there and locate the 1998 playbill of The King and I!

3.  So I interviewed for two jobs two weeks ago.  Through a series of events I accepted a seasonal job (until Feb) at a theatre which produces 4 national educational tours a year.  The job I really wanted (marketing/development assistant at New Rep Theatre) told me I was 2nd on their list just because I do not have much graphic design experience.  They said nothing was final and they would be in touch with me.  I gave up hope and had to accept the other job if I did not want to let it slip through my fingers.  Today I get a phone call- The New Rep wants to offer me the job!!! AHHH!!  They are even bumping the hours from 30 hours/wk to 40 hours/wk which means I will also get BENEFITS!! YAY!! Maybe this sounds like a weird thing to get excited about but you don't the non-profit arts world!  So this is my biggest "DID THIS JUST HAPPEN" moment!!  I mean I think I am going to have call the other people back and tell them I was offered a permeant job...I hope they understand!  I mean this is exactly what I want to be doing right now...work in a theatre in Boston that produces their own shows and do marketing!! 

Well that is all for now!  I will let you know what happens with the job drama!

No comments: