So, I thought it would be fun to highlight a few musicals that have clearly made an impact in my life. When I listen to the music I have a clear image of who I was and I how I was growing as person during that time. I'll start off with the most recent musical that has had an impact on my life.
Next to Normal: Obsessed over it during the Summer of 2009 and saw it in August 2009.

what it meant to me: it was my marathon musical (ran across the finish line to "I'm Alive"), independence, finding yourself, messed up can be perfect
when I "day dream" about Broadway I often go back to this moment when I was watching this show; the image: sitting in the back of a dark broadway theatre by myself soaking in every emotion, note, chord, character. Feeling it and absorbing it. It's just you, a stage, a story...and the journey!
Take Away: Day after day give me clouds and rain and grey/ give me pain if thats what's real its the price we pay to feel/ The price of love is loss but still we love anyway/ Day after day we find a will to find a way/ Knowing that the darkest skies will some day see the sun/ When all are long night is done there will be light.
No comments:
Post a Comment