SO it is finally SUMMER and I can't even express how WONDERFUL it feels outside. Who knew it could still be in the 70's in June! It is so much fun because EVERYONE is outside, people are just happier, live music around every corner, and a burst of tourists. I now remember why I love living in a walking city! AND even though I don't have a "real" summer it just feels like summer. Partly because Boston is such a college city and because we are done with our season at work. The pace has slowed down immensely and it is sooo nice. Now I am just trying to get everything in order for next season and hope that since I have a couple of months to prepare it won't be as bad this time around.
I started training for the New York City Half Marathon on Saturday. I still really don't have a training schedule...I'm kind of making it up right now...I need to find one I like. I am really bummed that I did not get into the NYC Marathon...BUT Celina got in! Well at least I get a trip to NYC in November and a chance to see my bestie right?! Oh and I decided Boston has to be one of the best running cities in the U.S.
Speaking of New York...I need to get down there ASAP. Watching the Tony's last night made me realize there are a ton of things I want to see right now. My top five list is: West Side Story, Hair, The Norman Conquest, Next to Normal, and Nine to Five. I am also VERY excited about the Boston Theatre Scene because Rent and Jersey Boys will be in town this summer. The bad thing is that Jersey Boys will be here for 10 weeks and we all know how well I did the last time a musical I was obsessed with was here for a while...oh Spring Awakening! Watching the Tony's also made me realize how lucky and blessed I am to work in this industry. It takes SO many people to make theatre happen and sometimes I don't know how any of us pull it off but here is to being part of that process!
So there are two things in life that are just kind of pending but the possibilities are oh so exciting! One is work related and I am bubbling over with excitement at the thought of it! The other...well who knows where it's going but it is fun/exciting/thrilling and well...we will also just have to see where that one goes! Could I be more vague? Hahaha I do love keeping you in anticipation of my next post...but who knows when that will be! :)
Happy Summer,
Dez
1 comment:
Dez! I stalked out your blog via Begin's page... love it! Hope you're still loving it up north, now I get to keep up with your adventures! ~Denise
Post a Comment