Saturday, February 7, 2009

Burst of Inspiration

I am not sure why I have just had a random burst of inspiration to update my blog at 12:07 am.  Maybe it is because I just realized I have not blogged for two months and I never meant to be such a slacker.  Well since it is late I will leave you with a top 5 list of my life.

1.  I just experienced a little bit of Waco in Boston.  How is this possible you may ask?  Well CFCF (my church in Beantown) had its mission conference (World Mandate East) and several people from Antioch came up to be a part of it.  It was a really weird feeling because I felt like I was in Waco.  I also realized how different CFCF is from Antioch.  I kind of forgot what Antioch felt like until this weekend.

2. 46, 38, 49, 51.  These are the HIGH'S in Boston this week!!  Can someone say SUMMER?!  Because after the past two months these temps feel like summer.  A girl can dream that these temps will stick around for the rest of winter right?  I would also like to say that this Texas girl can handle winter better than these Bostonians can.  

3.  I refuse to call my self in a tourist in NYC anymore.  In order to receive my official local stamp from a new yorker I have been challenged to know the best sushi, greek, Italian, and asian restaurants are in Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Queens.  I can handle that.  I'll let you know when I pass the test.  I also think I should know where every stop on the blue line is.

4. I got a new haircut today.  It is my favorite short haircut so far.  Someone told me today that every time they see me I have a new haircut.  I never meant to turn into "that girl," but I have had 5 different hairstyles since June.  I think I am "that girl."  

5.  I love coffee shops.  I am obsessed with discovering more and more coffee shops around the city.  It is my favorite thing.

Bonus:  Oh you did not think you would be so lucky to get a Bonus now did you?  Well I just thought I would put in a plug for "He's Just Not That Into You."  It was the chick flick I feel like I have been waiting for.  The past few chick flicks I have seen were awful... Bride Wars?!  Ick!  That just did not hit the spot for me.  But HJNTIY was wonderful!  It had all the right elements for a quality chick flick.  Have you seen it?  What are your thoughts?


2 comments:

Amy said...

dez! i agree with you that he's just not that into you was wonderful...but i also liked bride wars :) i still want to see a pic of the new haircut. love you!

Learning to Live said...

Dez... you are not a local yet! I can attest to that...random.. on the way out of the city i saw a t-shirt with the blue line on it, it looked PERFECT for you. I want to see you again.. asap... keep these warm bostonian temps up and we will talk!